WEEKLY ONLINE CLASSES
- Do you want to move in a way that feels good not only on the yoga mat but in your everyday?
- Do you feel stiff and sore from either not enough movement and not enough variety in your movement?
- Are you looking for convenience when it comes to your yoga / movement practice?
- Are you seeking support and accountability to prioritise yourself and your movement habits?
- Often find yourself caught up in the mindless loop of overthinking, leaving yourself exhausted and tired?
I hear you and I am here to help!
Book An online Class →
I’m Mikayla, yoga teacher and mindful movement educator, who believes in the power of movement in helping to quiet the busy mind and generate a sense of space and freedom in the body and the breath.
In my online classes I support my students to:
- Move in a way that feels good for them now and creates sustainability in their body into the future.
- Relieve stiffness and soreness whilst rewiring postural habits.
- Quiet their busy mind and support their nervous system through mindful movement and breath.
- Create greater strength, stability, flexibility and ease of movement in their body.
- Feel inspired and supported in prioritising their practice and themselves each week.
- Approach each day feeling grounded and present.
Mikayla’s online classes have been so awesome and it almost feels like being in a real class. Mikayla’s instructions are easy to understand online and both her flow and yin classes are interesting and fun to do. The morning class leaves me refreshed and ready to go to work… the evening class leaves me feeling calm and relaxed to finish the day off nicely.
I’ve just completed Mikayla’s “Mindful Movement Series” and it is exactly that – MINDFUL MOVEMENT!!!
Classes are broken down into bite-size pieces with a slow purposeful flow of the yoga asanas. We not only focus on the large muscle groups but also engage and focus on the smaller ones which support these – in Mikayla’s words we’re “juicing” the areas…. I now have a more mindful approach to the way I stand, sit, walk and engage with my body.
Words don’t do it justice – you need to experience; it’s very good!
How the classes work
Prior to the class
– Once registered you will be sent a confirmation email to confirm your booking. This will also include some tips on setting up your space and how to get the most from your live-streamed class experience.
– Be sure to have Zoom downloaded on your laptop or smart device prior to the class commencing.
– Prior to your class you will receive an email with a link to join the Zoom class, in addition, you will be provided with a link to access a Spotify playlist should you wish to have some background music whilst you practice.
During the Class
– Our online studio will be open approx. 10 minutes before the class is scheduled to commence.
– When you join the class via Zoom your microphone will be muted and your video will be off.
– If you would like to, please feel free to turn ON your video and microphone at the start of the class, I’d love to see you before we kick off and then you can either keep it on or switch it off once class commences.
– I will use visual and verbal cues and instructions to guide your practice.
– I will hang around online after class should you have any questions or even if you just want to say hi – feel free to unmute yourself.
Book An online Class →
What if I can’t make it to the class live?
All registered participants will be emailed a recording of the class within 12-24hours of the live-stream so that you can practice when suits you.
Do I need a Zoom account?
Yes, you will need a free Zoom account to attend the online classes.
How do I book?
Through our Online Booking System via the buttons above.
What if I book and can’t make it?
You can either stay registered to receive the class recording or you can reschedule your booking via the link provided in your inital confirmation email.
Do I need to have yoga experience?
No, all experience levels welcome. I teach in a way that allows all students to work at their own pace and find THEIR yoga.
What equipment do I need?
A yoga mat, block, blanket and bolster. Alternatively, cushions and additional blankets can be used instead of blocks and bolsters.
“In this new virtual space, I look forward to my Tuesdays and Thursdays when I welcome Mikayla into my home to guide my yoga practice. Her calm and familiar voice provides me with reassurance and the variety and flow of yoga poses is exactly what I need in these challenging times. My body and brain always feel better for the Mikayla experience. Thank you”
After completing the 6-week series with Mikayla, I have noticed I feel a lot better in my body with less muscle tension and I sleep really well after the class.
Mikayla is an excellent, practical and experienced teacher and I loved having a regular in-person class booked into my schedule. One of the key takeaways was not to overextend whilst stretching which feels really sustainable for my body.
Join Us →
Follow On Social Media
Would you like to be a part of a community space that allows you to connect, inspire and share with other like-minded people on their movement and mindfulness journeys?